Friday, March 9, 2012

Commute to school

I don't usually note these rides here, but I try to bike to school in Pordenone as often as possible.  Today I got a late start and didn't get underway until 7:45.  I stayed in the big ring (52) the whole way and gave it my best shot, ending up with 26km in 53 minutes.

On the way home I was enjoying the gorgeous weather- I was comfortable riding in only my Craft base layer.  I took it easy until near San Quirino, when my front tire went flat.  The tube was quite difficult to remove, as it had been installed so long (maybe 5 years?) it was stuck to the rim and tire.  At the end the valve stem wouldn't budge, so I found a large rock in a nearby field and gave it a good whack.  The new tube went in fine, and as I was finishing up a fellow on a bike rolled up to see if I needed help.  This is one thing I love here- if you break down people will stop and try to help.  It's like everyone is looking out for one another.

The remainder of the way home I tried to make up lost time, and was quite tired at the finish.  This commute is actually a pretty good workout- I'll try to keep it up biweekly until end of courses in May.

Note:  After parking the Trek 1220 I replaced the front cartridge bearings on the Viner Maxima RS front wheel (Fulcrum 7).  Spins much smoother now.  I was greatly helped by the hints here: Fulcrum 7 front wheel bearing replacement

2 comments:

  1. Thank you for another informative blog. Where else may I am getting
    that kind of information written in such an ideal means?
    I've a challenge that I am just now operating on, and I have been at the
    glance out for such information.

    Feel free to visit my web page ... cheat clash of clans

    ReplyDelete
  2. You just need to Push the 8 key, and the amount will soon be marked
    as spam for several future calls. Nevertheless,
    many telephones are not considered perfect. Apart from that, jail breaking it's fairly helpful.


    my web page - iReb r6

    ReplyDelete